LabNco. is a young and growing company located in the Quebec City area. Are you looking for new challenges in your career in architecture and a company that is both flexible and human? This offer is for you! We are currently looking for someone who will contribute to the success of our residential, institutional, cultural, and other clients' projects. By joining our team, you will be able to put your skills and creativity to good use!
What can you accomplish?
LabNco. is looking for an architecture intern who wishes to further develop his/her skills by participating in the research and design of various projects. The selected candidate will work closely with the founder of LabNco. to contribute to the development of architectural concepts, interior and urban design, master plans, scenography, and much more. Specifically, you will perform the following tasks:
- Participate in the research-creation and ideation of projects
- Participate actively in meetings: propose initiatives for projects
- Carry out 2D/3D design of various projects
- Establish modeling strategy and perform 3D modeling of designs
- Produce technical documents in Revit and/or Autocad
- Participate in the preparation of client files: prepare documentation required by clients
- Research documentation related to existing buildings (plans, reports, etc.)
- Research and select products, materials, techniques, and technologies
- Assist in the preparation of construction and fit-out cost estimates
- Understand and interpret specifications correctly and coordinate plans
- Following the instructions of the architect and/or the project manager, ensure the application of building codes, municipal by-laws, as well as other technical reports and documents related to the project
- Coordinate the work of various external collaborators
- Manage and animate our social network communities (e.g. publish "Stories" on Instagram and Facebook, respond to comments, etc.)
- Perform any other tasks related to this position.
Do you have what it takes?
At LabNco. We are looking for an architecture intern to participate in our mission: to foster human flourishing by modulating the environment and incorporating science into designs of any scale. The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious and creative. In addition, he or she has the following skills:
- Bachelor of Architecture (essential) ;
- Master's degree in urban planning or other related field, in progress or completed (asset)
- College diploma in architectural technology (a definite asset)
- Good knowledge of the Quebec Construction Code in force
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, SketchUp and the Office suite
- Interest in social networking, marketing and communications (a definite asset)
- Sense of initiative
- Excellent ability to adapt
- Problem-solving orientation
- Good judgment and analytical skills
- Willing to learn and open to new ideas
- Love to do a good job
- Natural aptitude for dealing with partners
- Good sense of responsibility
- Knowledge of 3dsmax and Revit software is an asset
- Good command of written and spoken French
- Fluency in English is an asset.
- Paid internship of 4 months: this is a unique opportunity to improve your architectural skills by benefiting from the expertise of a senior architect
- Career opportunity: possibility of employment after the internship
- Work-life balance: possibility of flexible hours and telecommuting depending on the tasks and mandates
- Paid holidays
- When conditions permit: team activities (happy hour, sports activities, lunch and learn, etc.)
- Paid continuing education and mentoring.
What else should you know about us?
At LabNco, our culture is inspired by science and sports teams. By applying the scientific method to our approach, we rely on facts, credibility and transparency. We constantly test reality and encourage debate. As a team, we rely on everyone working together towards the common goal: loyalty, self-motivation and cohesion between members are at the heart of our dynamic.
- Complex thinking
Visit our careers page to find out more: